Thistletown, municipally located at 925 Albion Road, is a school building that has been leased to the City of Toronto since 1985 and is known as the “Thistletown Multi-Service Centre” to operate its’ multiple recreation programs and community services.
The site is approximately 4.52 acres (1.83 hectares), irregular in shape, and is improved with a 3-storey stand-alone former school building of approximately 52,421 square feet (4,870 sq. m.), originally built circa 1946 with additions and alternations over the years.
Current Official Plan designation is Neighbourhood/Mixes Use and Zoning is R2-Residenital.
Mandatory Regulation 180 day Circulation expires on March 8, 2017.
- The TDSB site was declared surplus by the Board on August 24, 2016, with the direction for TLC to initiate the process for disposition with the goal of retaining community services currently operating on the site.
- Effective September 9, 2016, the mandatory regulatory circulation process has begun with an Initial Expiry date of December 8, 2016, for specified public agencies to forward, in writing, its Expression of Interest to the Toronto Lands Corporation.
- Subject to providing its mandatory notification by no later than December 8, 2016, the public agency has an opportunity to provide an offer to purchase at market value on or before March 8, 2017.
- TLC will report back to TDSB to advise on the public agency process.
- Please be advised that on July 12, 2016, the City of Toronto Council adopted the following motion:“City Council authorize the Chief Corporate Officer to negotiate and submit an offer to the Toronto Lands Corporation for the acquisition of the property municipally known as 925 Albion Road (Thistletown Multi-Service Centre), funded from the remaining balance of the Land Acquisition Reserve Fund allocated to the School Lands Acquisition Framework and with additional contribution of funding from the Parkland Acquisition Reserve Funds, and on such other terms and conditions as may be acceptable to the Chief Corporate Officer, in consultation with the Executive Director, Social Development Finance and Administration, and the General Manager Parks, Forestry and Recreation, and in a form satisfactory to the City Solicitor.”