About the Company:
In 2008, the Toronto District School Board (TDSB) established the Toronto Lands Corporation (TLC) to be its independent arm’s length real estate agency. Authorized by a Shareholder’s Direction, the TDSB recently expanded TLC’s mandate to include Board-wide real-estate, land use planning, asset management and leasing, fostering partnerships, integrating community hubs/services through the redevelopment of school sites or the modernization of schools. With approximately 600 properties in TDSB’s inventory, TLC now manages one of the largest public asset portfolios located in Ontario’s most dynamic and development impacted cities. Through the initialization and alignment of its cross functional senior management team, TLC will effectively respond to its expanded mandate while maximizing opportunities and benefits to the TDSB, its students and the communities served.
- Assisting staff with planning studies, research, and the preparation of reports.
- Assist in developing and maintaining monitoring and reporting systems, and facilitates processing of development proposals.
- Through consultation with staff, directly responding to inquiries over the phone.
- Responsible for a range of development planning activities including reviewing and making recommendations on development applications and participating on special projects;
- Manage the collection and analysis of data associated with development applications, student forecasts for proposed developments, student yields from existing dwellings, land use designations, and population trends;
- Conduct site visits with respect to proposed development sites;
- Monitor City Council/Committee agendas and reports;
- Manage the correspondence that flows to the TDSB from the City of Toronto, LPAT, Legal Counsel and developers regarding all planning and development applications municipal land use policies and legislation;
- Qualified applicants are currently enrolled in an urban planning or related program at a Post-Secondary Institution.
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong communication skills
- Possess problem solving skills
- Strong skills in research and analysis
- Strong computer skills
- Previous exposure to site plans, drawings or surveys, development application and zoning review
- Experience using various software applications, such as AMANDA or GIS, is also considered to be an asset.
Applicants can apply by sending their resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org